Are you tired of battling the clutter in your closet? We’ve got you covered with some fantastic organization ideas that will transform your space! In this article, we’ll share six expert tips that will not only help you conquer your spring cleaning but also keep your home and closet impeccably organized all year round. Whether you’re a seasoned organizer or in need of a little inspiration, these tips, recommended by skilled house cleaners, will revolutionize your closet storage. So, let’s dive in and discover the secrets to a clutter-free and stylish wardrobe!
1. Have a Solid Plan
If you make spring cleaning a priority and solid plan, you are more likely to tackle it. Otherwise, are likely to find yourself yielding to avoidance by setting aside your plans for organizing your closets each week. Before you realize it, spring is here again and your closets are still cluttered.
2. Declutter the Wardrobe Closet
Maximizing closet storage space requires some purging. The first step is to go through your shoes and clothes and get rid of the ones that you no longer wear. A good rule of thumb is to donate or get rid of anything you haven’t worn in over 1 year.
3. Shed Some Light on Your Closets
Closets are usually dimly lit, if they are lit at all. Closet organization can be more effective if you are able to see what you are looking for. Replace the light bulbs that burnt out a long time ago with those with a wattage bright enough to let you see what’s inside the closet. If your wardrobe does not have any light source, install an LED touch light.
4. Embrace Color Coding
Color coding is an organization idea that seemingly never goes out of fashion. While to some people it might seem like overkill, it is definitely bound to help you save a lot of time when it comes to finding clothes in the wardrobe closet.
5. Wise Use of Space
Make the most of the available surfaces to increase the amount of closet storage you have available. The underutilization of shelves, walls, and floor space is one of the greatest sins when it comes to closet organization. Below are organization ideas for the effective and efficient use of your closet:
– Maximizing space by making use of a clothes organizer.
– Using a collapsible stepstool to put high shelves back in regular rotation and decluttering closet floors.
– Using add-on hangers and cascading clothes to maximize hanging space.
– Installing a second rod that you can use to hang smaller items, such as shoes or shorts.
– Hanging bulky items such as suitcases over the door on the closet’s inside.
– Using the wall space at the back off the closet door for hanging neckties, scarves, purses, or jewelry.
– Adding shelves on the sides of the closet or under hanging clothes.
6. Using Containers to Maximize Space
Containers are a great way to make the most out of any space. Open up the floor in your wardrobe closet using clear shoe containers. As a bonus, you will no longer need to rummage around the closet’s bottom looking for a matching pair. Storage containers can also be used in a linen closet for separating different sets of bedding or storing guest towels when not in use. Reach out to Think Maids today so we can get you organized. Give us a call today.