When you are looking for cleaning services, it’s normal to ask yourself what service you should hire. Both standard and deep cleaning will help you maintain optimal cleanliness levels indoors. However, the difference during a deep cleaning is attention to detail. A professional deep-clean includes time-consuming tasks that are usually left aside during daily and weekly chores.
You should deep-clean your home roughly every third month and never let a year pass without doing it. Still, there are specific situations when your home could benefit from a deep cleaning, for example, during your spring cleaning or after an important event. If you are a first-timer, an initial deep cleaning will be your best option and even will make regular home cleanings take less time.
What tasks are included in a deep cleaning?
Sometimes it’s hard to draw the line between regular cleaning tasks and those included in deep cleaning. Every home has different needs—that’s why professional cleaning services are highly customizable. Cleaning companies attend to this matter by disclosing cleaning checklists with each service’s specific cleaning tasks. However, we will tell you roughly what a professional deep cleaning should include in your home’s main rooms. Read on!
Living room and bedroom
A typical living room cleaning session always includes vacuuming and a quick general dusting. If you have hard floors, mopping is also part of the cleaning. However, your living room has many knickknacks and furnishings that need special attention. Other cleaning tasks are:
- Dusting or wiping hard-to-reach ledges, knickknacks, lamps, and light fixtures.
- Dusting vent covers.
- Wiping door handles and door frames.
- Dusting windows, blinds, sills, and ledges. Removing cobwebs from the windows.
- Cleaning mirrors.
- Wiping baseboards.
- Dusting upholstered furniture, like couches and chairs. Dusting under cushions and pillows.
- Wiping or dusting reachable ceiling fans.
Kitchens can get messy pretty quickly. Usually, deep cleaning services don’t involve cleaning dishes or any other kitchenware. This service is more focused on getting rid of the grime appliances have and wiping reachable surfaces. These are some tasks to cross out from your kitchen deep cleaning checklist.
- Wiping baseboards and dusting hard-to-reach spots.
- Wiping countertops, cupholders, and cabinets.
- Cleaning inside the oven and microwave. Cleaning the stovetop.
- Wiping and cleaning the sink, faucet, and dishwasher.
- Wiping down kitchen appliances.
- Clean inside the fridge upon request.
Your bathroom is the area where the lack of deep cleaning is most noticeable. Bathrooms are humid places where mold can grow fast. It’s essential to use the right cleaning products to make sure everything is clean and disinfected. These are common deep cleaning tasks for your bathroom.
- Wiping down the base, behind, and interior of the toilet.
- Cleaning the shower curtain.
- Wiping the sink, faucet, and mirrors.
- Cleaning and wiping the bathtub and shower.
The most important thing about deep cleaning is flexibility. When you hire a company, they must understand your home’s specific cleaning needs. Think Maids have a detailed deep cleaning checklist on its website. Our services are tailored and customized for every homeowner. Experience our easy booking process here and let us exceed your expectations!