“Keeping your home pristine every single day may seem like a daunting task, but fear not! We’ve got the ultimate guide to help you strike the perfect balance between regular cleaning and deep cleaning. With eco-friendly house cleaning methods at your disposal, you can bid farewell to dirt taking over your space. Discover the art of prioritizing cleaning tasks and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment. Let’s dive into the secrets of effective cleaning routines that will ensure your home remains sparkling and inviting, no matter how busy life gets!”
However, dust and grime will build up in time, and you’ll need to deep clean your home. Are you not sure if it’s time for a thorough cleaning session? Keep reading to learn how often you should tackle those dreaded deep cleaning tasks.
Some areas, appliances, and fixtures in your home need thorough cleaning at least weekly to prevent germs from spreading. Due to their frequency, these deep cleaning tasks will likely mix with your regular cleaning routine.
Here are the tasks.
- Toilet: Scrub and disinfect this fixture at least once a week to eliminate germs and mineral buildup.
- Shower and tub: The excess moisture can even lead to mold growth. Scrub thoroughly weekly.
- Sinks: Scrub grime and disinfect your sinks weekly.
- Floors: People step on these surfaces, so you can imagine how dirty they can get. Mop your hard floors once or twice a week to keep them germ-free and spotless.
Most tasks in a deep cleaning session can wait for a couple of weeks—or even months. Usually, these are surfaces that are not directly in contact with your household and don’t gather dirt as quickly as a floor.
These are the tasks.
- Outside kitchen cabinets and drawers: Maybe you wipe spills on your cabinets after cooking, but they’ll need scrubbing sooner or later. Depending on how dirty they are, you can tackle this task once a month or quarterly.
- Cooking appliances and fridge: If you regularly use your oven, microwave, and stove, you’ll need to clean them thoroughly at least monthly. Each device is unique, but the process usually consists of removing bits of food and scrubbing grease buildup.
- Dishwasher: Clean inside this appliance to remove grime and mineral deposits.
- Mirrors and windows: On top of wiping the glass, don’t forget to clean the frame!
- Dust: A deep cleaning session isn’t complete until dusting every exposed surface in your home, including furniture, baseboards, and knick-knacks.
Seasonally to once a year
The surfaces that aren’t exposed to dirt and dust can wait up to one year before you clean them. Usually, homeowners tackle all these spots during their spring cleaning.
Here are the tasks.
- Curtains and drapes: Clean your window treatments once or twice a year.
- Upholstery furniture: Maybe you vacuum your furniture regularly, but it also needs a deep cleaning. You can tackle this task yearly, but the furniture could need more cleaning if you have pets at home.
- Low-traffic rooms: You can clean areas like the attic or basement once a year.
- Spot clean walls: Remove stains and scuff marks from walls once per season.
- Deep dusting: Remove dust from concealed areas in your home at least once a year. You’ll need to move furniture to reach the hidden places. Also, wipe light fixtures and ceiling fans carefully!
Think Maids can help you clean your home!
You can count on Think Maids to deep clean your home and tackle your chores, whether you are too busy to clean or want to use your free time for what matters most. Request your free quote in less than a minute!